Yes September Stats Count

Les membres d'Islamla vous réservent un accueil chaleureux. Ils sont parfois critiques et sévères. A vous de vous défendre et de vous faire connaitre. Vous désirez vous absenter ou revenir sur le forum islamla ? rien de plus simple sur islamla. Demande de suppression de compte.
jackky
Recrue pour la Paix
Recrue pour la Paix

Yes September Stats Count

Message non lupar jackky » jeu. 10 août 2017 05:18

Call-up season is upon us. Its an attractive season. Even guys like Canadian Legend Simon Pond can get a little bit of playing time here and there as teams give their regulars a little more rest. Additionally, it means that a greater proportion of league-wide playing time than usual will several players whose true talent is replacement level or below. This situation inspires an a sertion which i occasionally check this out time of year: September statistics ought to be ignored or weighted le s heavily due to the influx of le s-talented players. It is easy to understand the motivation behind this type of claim, but I believe it is problematic.
Let me begin with several qualifications. People probably mean various things when they talk about discounting September performances. Salomon Speedcross 4 Mujer When they mean it in a scouting sense something similar to, yeah, he'd a couple of home runs, but they were off of [insert AAA-lifer reliever here] who was a September call-up then which makes some sense. You might also a sume that those same sorts of considerations are made for scouting observations throughout the season. For the time being, all Salomon Speedcross 3 Hombre Im concerned with may be the stronger, statistical interpretation: that players statistics accumulated in September need to be heavily discounted or set aside when used to measure a players true talent because of the watered-down talent pool.
Perhaps many people mean that we shouldnt judge the performances of the call-ups themselves by their September performances due to the reduced talent level. I agree that we should be careful in judging the performances of who only play in September, however the real problem with doing that is that one month of even full-time play is way too small an example to make a judgment in the statistics alone, and that applies to whenever of the season.
The most significant qualification I want to make is the fact that what we really need is definitely an empirical study. I did some searching and asking around and it was unable to locate any such study (and if anyone knows of 1, please let me know). Perhaps Ill do one in the long run (and when anyone else wants to do so, go ahead). It might be nice to have some empirical support or refutation. At this time, Im presenting a hypothesis in line Salomon Speedcross 3 Hombre with the following thoughts.
Like those who reject September statistics due to call ups, I'm concerned with obtaining a good way of measuring players true talent (i.e., projections). However, I think that rejection would do more damage so good. While it is probably correct that there is some watering down of the talent pool, precisely how significant is it? A detailed study would need to measure how much playing time goes to AAA-call ups. While many of them are probably replacement level, there are Salomon Niños true talent replacement level players getting playing amount of time in the main leagues all season long (e.g. Willie Bloomquist). Probably not as big a proportion as in September, however it happens. Moreover, not all of the players who get called up are replacement-level players. Some of them are legitimate prospects whose true talent is above replacement level Salomon Speedcross 3 Mujer at the time.
We need to figure out if the rise in scrubs playing the years have a significant impact in accordance with the rest of the season. It isnt as obvious as it can seem. While some teams who're out of it are going to give them more playing time, teams that are still in playoff races probably arent likely to provide them with enough time. There's also non-contenders like the 2011 Royals that have so many young players around the roster to start with they dont wish to sacrifice that developmental playing time for you to replacement-level scrubs.
Perhaps the quickest way of expre sing my position is that while there is probably something of a watering-down of talent level during September, any potential benefit of wasting or heavily discounting September statistics wouldnt be large enough to outweigh the cost of throwing out the main one month sample for everybody. While a 1 month sample by itself tells us practically nothing significant on the statistical level for an individual player, my hypothesis is that throwing it for all players will make our projections worse on Salomon Speedcross 4 Hombre balance.
One final practical note against discounting September statistics: whether or not the talent degree of those getting regular playing time is really a lot lower in September, September comes every year. So until mlb decides that games in September dont count toward playoff eligibility, teams are most likely want to going to want projections for how their players are likely to perform throughout the whole season.